As part of this event attendees submitted various questions to the Minister for his response. Unfortunately we could not respond to all of these during the event, so the Minister has very generously taken the time to respond to these questions in his own time, for us to relay to the community. The questions are listed below, please click on “go to answer” for the question(s) you are interested in reading about:
Paul Scully MP Q&A
1) There are 2 bids in with Government right now that are being mulled over:
a. how to deal with owner-directors and
b. those excluded due to not having a 2019-20 tax return.
What is the progress and likely outcomes of these proposals? Go to Answer
2) Company directors on furlough can work part-time for their business under the latest, amended rules and can claim the government furlough assistance. Where can SME company directors find the information on this? Go to Answer
3) What is the ministers thoughts on extending the stamp duty holiday to help the housing market, especially given the longer time that conveyancing is taking? Go to Answer
4) X-Forces Enterprise and FSB worked together to secure a big win, a National Insurance holiday for small employers that take on a veteran. This is mostly an issue with Cabinet Office (OVA) and MoD but can The Minister at BEIS help us promote this when it takes effect, in April? Go to Answer
5) I am starting out as a sport promoter. I want to connect with UK brands that have or aspire to have a global presence. Which is there a government agency that can connect me to potential sponsors or partners? Go to Answer
6) Can there be a rethink for gyms and health clubs opening once we go back into the tier systems? The health and fitness are the big elephant in the cage to fighting obesity. 47% of those that have died with covid-19 have had a lifestyle disease. Go to Answer
7) Is there any likelihood that IR35 reforms may be delayed again, given the continued buffeting that both companies and the employment market is going through at the moment? Go to Answer
If you would like to read all of the Minister’s Q&A then please navigate through the pages below.